Monday, January 19, 2009

A Cup of Coffee and a Snowy Monday Morning

Well...whattaUthink?...

That's what I'll be wondering every time I write an article. I'll be wondering if "U" like what I think, or if "U" want to think like I think, or if "U" like how I think, or if "U" just think I'm crazy!...

So, here goes. After I finish this article I'll be wondering, "Well... whattaUthink?..."

Waking up at my house is always the same. John Baxter, my 13 pound black and white Shi Tsu, using his right paw, starts gently clawing on my shoulder...or on my head, or on my back, whichever is handiest at the moment. His gentle clawing accompanied by a slight growl that almost sounds like Marcy Jane's purr, turns into a frenzied two-pawed-dig and an out-and-out bark in about three seconds flat ,if I don't immediately roll over to start "rolfing" him in-between the bed sheets, playing his favorite morning game, peek-a-boo!...

Yikes...into what have I degenerated?...

I have a Bachelor of Science degree, a Master of Science degree, four degree's in child birthing, am Six Degrees from Kevin Bacon and have acquired numerous certificates of merit in my wisdom-filled adult life; only to be reduced to an absolute IDIOT every morning of my life, by a flat-nosed, fuzzy, 36-point-IQed, half-potty-trained, peek-a-boo-playing, DOG named John Baxter!

So, feet hitting the floor and heading for the coffee pot after a five minute rousing round of peek-a-boo, ( Marcy Jane refereed from my pillow) John Baxter, MJ and I noticed some sort of "white stuff" falling from the sky, landing on the backyard trees. Since Charles Lindbergh landed long ago, I immediately erased the stupid thought,"it's confetti", and sing-songingly shouted,

"Oh look, everybody, it's snowing!"... as if there was a mammal in the room with me that understood English, or any other language for that matter, other than a growl or meow.

Looking out the window on this peaceful snowy Tennessee day, cup of coffee in hand, I reflect on my fairly successful adult life. But in actuality around the house, I am nothing more than "My Human", to John Baxter and Marcy Jane. With that thought in mind, and a snicker in my heart, I am content. Today will be a good day. Now ...I can tell you some things that I want you to know.

I am a Believer, which means I believe that Jesus Christ died for my sins and that believing in Him is the only way to get out of this world without going to Hell. Sounds harsh, but if you will, I will try in a short sentence or three to give you my reasons. I'm not going to get really deep with you, because then you'll run turn on OPRAH!

#1. Of all the religions and gods in the world , earth, and universe, there is only one god who came on this earth, associated Himself with the humans He created and experienced what it is like to be a person. Buddha didn't, Ra didn't, Baal didn't, Allah didn't (he would have thought that insulting to a REAL god), but the god who made heaven and earth, does!

#2. Of all the religions and gods in the world, earth and universe, there is only one god who gives us a PLAN OF SALVATION. Buddha didn't, Ra didn't, Baal didn't, Allah didn't (the thought process of Mohammad is illogical and contradictory), but the god who made heaven and earth, does!

#3. Of all the religions and gods in the world, there is only one god who gives us a life-plan of how to escape the sin that surrounds us, permeates us, engulfs us and sends us to HELL! Buddha didn't, Ra didn't, Baal didn't, Allah didn't (Mohammad says there is little or NO consequence for sin, and really, Allah does not believe in sin), but the god who made heaven and earth does!

I could give you all sorts of Bible verses, books to read and all that kind of thing, but everyone does that. The above things are TRUE...period. I didn't say it. God did! If you don't agree with The Big Guy, take it up with Him.

Tomorrow we'll tackle the subject...WHY DID GOD MAKE ME IN THE FIRST PLACE?

Well... whattaUthink?...





No comments:

Post a Comment